[PnP] Yahoo groups

Sylverrs_ dragon abnaric at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 22 04:14:14 CEST 2007

Personally, I think Wout has done a hell of a job on the site. A chat and/or forum would be nice additions but nothing I need.

Richard

Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:02:18 -0700
From: pming at northwestel.net
To: pnp at abroere.xs4all.nl
Subject: Re: [PnP] Yahoo groups

Hiya.

   I did set up a P&P group years ago...it's still up, appearantly.
lots of spam, as is typical in Yahoo groups, so I've checked "members
must go through mod" thing.

  Anyway, it's still there.

  Personally I'd like to see a P&P Forum on Wout's site. I've been
harping about this on and off for..well, since Wout started the site
waaaaay back when. I like forums. Easy to check, read, and organize.

Paul

  Why is this group using this clunky
system?  Why not use a Yahoo Group for it?  They can be set up such
that spam is kept to a minimum and then there's someplace to put the
files too...and they pay for it.

  Paul Ming started one years ago but
it hasn't seen use in 3 years.   I just started one today
(Powers_and_Perils_RPG) that you are all welcome to join.

  One problem I have with the way it's
set up now is that ALL of the attachments get scrubbed.  Also, the
emails all kinda run together and are really difficult to read.  At
least with a yahoo group there's a place to put files, run polls, etc.
You could even set up a place in the files section for character
sheets, or whatever.

  My 2-cents worth

  David Sanders