[PnP] my first post - a few very noob questions

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Wed Sep 19 01:20:34 CEST 2007

At 06:50 PM 9/18/07, you wrote:
>> >I don't recognize the nick you used but I can't believe I missed a
>> >Powers and Perils session on the schedule! Looking forward to it
>> >should you ever decide to run one again.
>>
>> I've used Longshot since the '80s before there was a internet :)
>> So there is a P&P Game at that con?  Wow.  That might get me interested in going.  Got a URL?
>>
>No, not at this con - i misread your comments and thought you said you
>ran one at this con under the name of "skirmish" a few years ago. Now
>I know you use Longshot, I guess skirmish is the name of the con you
>were at?

Yes.  Skirmish was the convention name. Was great series of them. Some twice a year.  But was all over the SE in various tates in various times from the '80s (maybe '82?) to around '97.  I think it died around then.  I ran many weekend long games then.  Probably 3 pnp games over the years at those cons but about a dozen or so other systems at the cons.
JaxCon the local con here for Jax was early 90s to probably 2000?  Ran a few games there but not much.

Sigh.  I miss Skirmishes :<  Good times.
Guess you never went to them?  Don't recall them being in Tampa.  Orlando...Jax....I think were the 2 big spots in florida.