[PnP] noob questions part II

Wout Broere broere at powersandperils.org
Tue Sep 18 14:40:54 CEST 2007

At 03:24 2007-09-18, you wrote:
>1) Regarding tactical combat, do any of you folks have house rules for
>combatants who wish to flee?
>
>The way I read the rules, it sounds like if two combatants begin the
>movement portion of the phase adjacent to each other, and either
>wishes to fight, both must fight (and end the movement part of the
>phase).
>
>The obvious fix is to allow either combatant to flee, allowing the
>other to take a free attack AND allow that attacker to move as well.
>So, a slower combatant cannot flee from a faster one, but a faster
>combatant can flee from a slower one, he just may have to endure one
>or more free attacks in the process.
>
>Does that sound like what any of you folks are doing?

Our house rule is a free hack when your opponent decides to flee.
After the free hack he has moved his PMR away and you can decide to chase.

>4) Switching weapons: the rules make it clear that if a melee
>combatant moves adjacent to an archer, and the archer has already
>fired, that the melee combatant can attack without fear of
>counterattack. That's fine, but what about the archer switching
>weapons even if no melee combatant moves adjacent to him? Does it cost
>any movement to switch weapons? It sounds like weapon switching is
>free so long as the character only makes either a missile attack or a
>melee attack, but not both. I just want to make sure I'm doing that
>right. Also, if this is the case, can I assume a character can only
>switch weapons once per phase? Finally, what part of the phase does
>the switch happen? (I assume during the movement portion).

Our house rules state that changing weapons takes one phase, in which
phase you cannot attack or defend yourself (dodging might be allowed
by the refereen on a good day). Anyone attacking can have a free hack.

Wout

Wout Broere		broere at powersandperils.org
P&P Website:		http://www.powersandperils.org/