[PnP] my first post - a few very noob questions

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 01:07:27 CEST 2007

   Thank you, I had forgotten.  WILL is commonly high amongst my players.  I am liberal with penalties, but many are offset by your Will score.  I used to use some "Broken Will" rules to apply ability damage to the score, but I've stopped doing that (too much of a hassle).  I believe that the wake up roll uses Empathy to notice something is wrong, and the Will to respond to it, but I could be wrong.

      Initial spotting is normally incredibly far away or incredibly close unless an ambush is attempted.  If the spotter is alert and in the open, it can easily be miles, but if not, it could easily be inside fifty feet.  Flat Horizon is roughly (3/2 x the elevation in feet) in miles.  I once saw someone light a cigarette on a ship almost 20 miles away.  I've also bumped into people, not noticing they were there.  Spotting distance is a very complex topic, and could possibly use some looking into.

Brian Diring <bkd_man at yahoo.com> wrote:
          If you're going for more realism, factor in Current Hits, Energy Level, Will and Stamina/Constitution, as well: an exhausted, injured, or (what's the adjective for someone low on Energy Points?) "spiritually tapped" character will have more trouble keeping track of his surroundings. A strong Will could help overcome this, to a degree. Pardon me if I'm parroting someone.

Agility seems to me to be one's ability to adapt and change with his surroundings, whereas Dexterity involves manipulation of body parts and held objects. I'd use Agility, Empathy, and Will (note that the ability to wake up is a factor of Will and Empathy according to the core rules).

Just my 2 cents - worth a bit more in the Yukon, I guess :)