[PnP] my first post - a few very noob questions

Paul L. Ming pming at northwestel.net
Sat Sep 15 18:51:47 CEST 2007

Hiya.

  The reason I went with A in stead of D was twofold. First, Elves get a
better overall A bonus and I wanted elves to be slightly more
'observant/aware' than others; very minor, but when players look at the
bonus they subconsciously are thinking "Huh...elves would have a decent
Awareness"...it helps I think. :)  Second, Agility seemed more like
"general awareness of where your body is in relationship to what you
see" and Dexterity is more specific to your immediate location. I guess
I see it that a person with a high Agility might be running at
break-neck speed over a bolder strewn stream bed; he will 'look ahead'
to get a feel for where he should jump, duck, roll, etc...always looking
15' ahead, knowing where his body needs to be at any particular place.
The person with a high Dexterity could do the same thing, but he would
be looking down at his feet, maybe 5' forward at most because his
ability concentrates on his immediate location and how fast he can move
his arms/legs into position.

  I know, a minor quibble, but I just see Agility as more "surroundings"
and Dexterity more "quickness". Tai Chi vs. Karate I guess. ;)

  Am I making /any/ sense? Or just kinda rambling?

Paul L. Ming