[PnP] Weight Challenged...

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 09:01:47 CEST 2007

Horses are quadrapeds (double their portage), and are assumed to have maximum carry. Try your figures now. (I don't have my books handy atm, I assumed 17 Stamina)
  74 (from below) + 22 Carry = 96, x2 (Quadraped) = 192.  No slowing for carrying a NORMAL SIZED adult man with a little bit of cargo (a loaded pouch or two).  Slowing occures beyond this point.  I've always used this, it was presented (the doubling portion) in a different game (I do not recall which) with about a full printed page explaining why.  These giants that often enter PnP will need physically more powerful horses. Apply the Modifying Creatures for up to +100% Str and Sta, reducing speed to 70%.  This way, if you are under 400 pounds (with gear), the horse barely notices you.  Picking one this size, however, counts as a quality modifier, I would go with cost x5. And reduced availability.

Scott Adams <longshot at darktech.org> wrote:

Like the US it seems folks are getting Big Boned in the pnp universe. You have the Brick 300 pounds easily fighter. The pleasantly plump Wizard at 250. The Half-Human Half Dragon at 900 pounds..oh wait..well...he claims to be pure dragon....

My point is regular mounts War or Riding doesn't help these weight challenged folks. What do Giants ride?

Has anyone looked into doing clydsdale type horses or
create mounts for this certain class of folks?

I've not studied the animals in v2 in awhile and I guess I'll have to figure out a portage formula. I assume the simple formla will do but when you apply to horses it doesn't seem to match.

Warhorse IV. 250(60)
S 27 St +1
(27*2)+(1*20)=54+20=74
obviously animals use a different system :)

Anyone ever work on this situation for mounts and portage?

Maybe giants can ride wolly mammoths?