[PnP] Hand to Hand

Dan Abbott dabbott68_bmd2 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 18:09:54 CEST 2007

There is one thing I think everyone has overlooked in this situation.  Amplify Damage is MAGIC.  It is completely capable of increasing the damage the attacker does without affecting him in any way just as the Wind spell can create gail force winds within its range that wouldn't move a leaf 1 inch beyond that distance.

Scott Adams <longshot at darktech.org> wrote:

>Yea, but a broken nose, in terms of killing the target, is really
>still subdual since you won't die from a flat nose. However, one
>could use the Major wounds table (crushing) to interpret a longer
>term disability like that.

Actually a nose can be shoved up to the brain cavity and cause death
or brain damage. Has been some cases like that. Not common. But
usually takes a hard hit.

But in my example a kick yeah that'd not kill.

So we have Foe A and B. A wears chainmail and B nothing.
B kicks A. Does a severe hit does 10 points of damage. But wait. B was given help by a Amplify Damage spell which adds 15 more points.
That's a 25 point force hit with a simple boot.

That's a heavy hit with a foot. To me it just makes sense the foot might be damaged more physically than subdual damage. I dunno maybe 25% of subdaual or 30%. I just gotta figure out a more better
martial arts/hand to hand system. Maybe use Fringeworthy's system which is good.