[PnP] Re: Weapon and Armor making

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Sun Oct 8 03:16:40 CEST 2006

At 11:58 AM 10/6/06, Choinski, Burton wrote:
>Here is the current sheet.  Comments welcome.
>
>You may notice some armor changes.  Ringmail is no longer a separate suit (by definition the rings are sewn on)
>Bezainted is similar except that metal disks are rivited on instead of

Ewww.  Quoting you no text shows.  Guess your msg had some formats or such.  Anyways I looked at the spreadsheet.  Its alot of numbers to study briefly.  I couldn't find much fault right away, of course I don't know the formulae used.  I'm not sure about changing the basic stats of armor and such.  I mean after 20 years to change them now is like changing Marentia's name to Dumpy Land officially :)  Hard to sink in.  I'll have to study the data more and will for sure when you have a final version.

The hit system has always needed work on in most rpg systems.  Fringeworthy and a few other systems I run do have excellent hit systems and even unique armor systems in this regard.  I think one of the best though i don't run it is Fantasy Hero.  Seems like that had armor in every location including the genitals?  But its been awhile.
I've created my own brew of hit tables for ranged and melee weapons for quick armor location.  Obviously if a arrow hits you between teh ankle and knee chances are you don't have armor there unless in full knighthood plate.  But interesting start.  Good work.