[PnP] protecting against or dispelling shadow magic

Brian Diring bkd_man at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 23:40:58 CEST 2006

Howdy, all -

I've been lurking on here for a few months, but never got around to introducing myself. Former analyst for the Feds, now a student, again. I got into PnP when I was in the Air Force, but never found anyone with whom to play (this was before Al Gore invented the internet). I'm thinking about joining the play-by-mail, but I'm not ure if I have the time. Anyway, I wanted to present my take on this Shadow magic question.

I'd think since Shadow magic isn't aligned with any of the others, any D/B or Protection spell of one of the "alignments" should take the MDV penalty, especially when you consider Shadow's position against both Light and Darkness (Law/Chaos). Shadow seems to me to be inimical to anything that is not Shadow.

Of course, I could be wrong. Just don't tell anyone.

Brian Diring
Waukesha, WI