[PnP] Hello and a question

Franklin Robertson fbrobertson at charter.net
Mon Jul 31 19:33:41 CEST 2006

I would have to agree with the discussion.  I'm not a big fan of D20, I like
rpgs that challenge the mind and games that try not to fit into the Lord of
the Rings' cliche.  P&P is one of these games that I have admired for so
very long, though I dont have anyone to rp with (hint hint to anyone lol).
Other games I've enjoyed are RuneQuest, HarnMaster, and Warhammer FRP, games
that create realistic worlds, realistic characters, realistic mysteries
(i.e. fantasy worlds that are real, that bloom before you with each game
adventure, not those kinds of games you see around D20).  What I would love
to see, though, maybe, if someone here is willing to do this, is a step by
step character creation of a "normal" character and a magic user style
character.  I think that if we are able to see the step by step process, a
lot of people would realize just how good P&P is, and I wish to say again
that it is still one of the best games out there that I've placed in my many
years of rpling.  By knowing how to create these two styles of most common
characters, a lot of people would be able to understand the rest of how the
system works.  Hence, I would love to see P&P republished and sold again
(like with what some people did with the Arduin Grimoire system), all it
would need instead of a full major rewrite would be example character
creations step by step.  Well there's my two-cents into the discussion.

Franklin