[PnP] Invisibility spell

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Thu Aug 17 02:34:14 CEST 2006

>Reading the spell invisibility leads me too believe that the invisible PC/NPC can attack and still remain invisible
>Is that correct?

        Over the years we've tailored the spell.  It can be read many ways by many folks.  Theres the old classic spell the other Dungeons and ahem..dragons use.  In that your invisible and stay that way period.  Then the Cloaks and all that jazz.
        But that may be uber powerful of a spell.  To add balance so no warrior can't just wear inviso necklace and tearing into a group of 30 warriors and end up without a scratch.  A bit overdue.  So I like balance in everything.  Super Powers should have Defects.  That sort of thing.  So if your attacking a person once you make contact he can then see you.  Now some could say ONLY contact denotes being seen.  If the sword lifts off the enemy then you aren't seen again.  That is also fair in some ways.  Course walking around one can be seen by tracks and such.  Another balance effect.
        In the end it all comes down to your interpretation.  Do you allow it or not?  Let the players decide.  One could say the basic wizard spell is weaker to say the Shadow Magic version which say the Shadow Magic version your invisible no matter what.