[PnP] Hello and a question

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at matrixone.com
Wed Aug 2 14:34:07 CEST 2006

Given the fact the even the old warhorse AH is no longer alive
(bankrupt, sold out to parker brothers, dead), anything form that
quarter is unlikely.

It's a tough environment.  A rewrite project today, with no assurance of
payoff for Richard in terms of being picked up and published, is hard to
justify for his time.  I would think nearly any of us would put in time
if he decided to rewrite a framework and then farmed out chunks to each
of us to develop and then return for discussion and polish.

I'd love to see something out there then the damned d20 kudzu plague,
but it's tough for retailers.  A shop I have gone to for a while has a
WALL of games and system that primarily gather dust.  He can hardly
justify getting much in that is new, unless specifically asked for
and/or ordered simply because the market is so dead for stores.  Many
people are ordering online or are not doing boardgames/wargames/rpgs
anymore.  Like Scott said, only the big guns (GURPS, D20, White Wolf)
are doing OK, with others hanging on.  I see many one-shot ideas in that
game store (nice bound books, interesting concepts, complete POS systems
and mechanics).  And online MMRPGs don't help.

_______________
Burton Choinski | Principal Software Engineer | ENOVIA MatrixOne
210 Littleton Road | Westford, MA  01886
Office: 978 589 4089 | Fax: 978 589 5903 | Cell: 508 843 7183
burton.choinski at matrixone.com
The information in this email and subsequent attachments may contain
legally privileged, proprietary and confidential information that is
intended for a particular recipient.  If you are not the intended
distribution, retention or use of the contents of this e-mail
information is prohibited. When addressed to MatrixOne clients or
vendors, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the
terms and conditions in the governing contract.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by telephone or by
return e-mail, and delete the e-mail.