[PnP] More

Sylverrs_ dragon abnaric at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 19 04:34:20 CEST 2004

More stuff.

Richard

19) Avalanche - Is Range " or Feet?
I believe is the tactical inch. Will check

20) Earth Strength: Must caster wait entire duration or can the Caster end
it before duration ends?
Lasts for entire duration. Once given, is given.

21) Fire Resistance: Does this act like a shield in once the armor is gone
its gone or does it act like Armor that each hit is protected until the
damage is overtaken?
Will check it out.

22) Elemental Powers: Just a comment.  I always saw this spell as once you
make pact you get like ALL fire powers. I realized a couple years ago the
COMMA was critical in that you only got the listed power say under that
family.  For pnp2 this might be clarified for folks who might misread it as
I have in the early days of learning the system.
Will take a look.

23) Elf-Shot: Can permanent magic dedicated bows/arrows be used or is that
sorta cheating? :)
The bow and arrows used for the spell must be dedicated to that use
magically. Will have to be more explicit in spell description.

24) Fatal Spear: I always wondered if there is this and Elf-Shot why a
spear? Why not dagger?  It seems even the most lowly beggar can find and use
daggers.  Fatal Dagger seems to be more common than a spear :)
It is a spear because that is a main battle castable weapon AND because it
is the favored weapon of the God the power is drawn from.

25) Fate: This seems more a curse so why did you Richard place this as a new
spell rather than keep it under the Curse/Ban section in permanent sections?
  Just curious why you made it separate. When I first saw Fate I thought it
was a Luck type thing where it affects fate like my Entropy spell idea does.
Is explicitly listed because it is a power drawn from various gods that does
not require the precise ritual that Permanent Magics do.

26) Fire Ball: I always wondered what the logic of only 2 phases was for the
Fire ball?  I know a gaseous ball has to dissipate fast but there’s no way
to vary this based on EL say a bit longer so it could do down a LONG hall?
:)
Didn’t see the need with the EL increase in the range of the fireball. At
higher EL such a factor would tend to be overkill I think.

27) Fire Showers: Caster can't move but you can place the center of the
spell away from the caster.  Hrmmm.. I had to actually do some EL chart and
see this.  It does work on higher ELs otherwise its hard to get away from
having the caster affected.  Ok.  But why would the caster want to send it
away from himself.  I always see this as a curtain of fire.  If you send it
away from the caster does this still remain a circular formation or can it
be expanded to say wall format?
Base rules it is restricted to a circle. Main intent is to rain fire on
enemy. Complexity of adding various formations and such in casting wasn’t
worth it in my view. Only answer as to why send it away is to keep from
being burned. Way the spell is.