[PnP] Book 2 project - Questions 1-27

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 05:38:31 CEST 2004

18: Actually, it is a very different effect. The disordered stumble in a mind-fog, while the abandoned admire the beauty inherent to all things. Also, I don't recall abandon being an area (need to relook, haven't touched it in a while).

20: A caster should be able to dispell any spell they cast if they can dispell the MDV and spend the mana to do so. I require it be dispelled, but it could be dismissable (at a increase to BMC, I should think). Also, the Regeneration effect should run only while the recipient is injured. It is a side-effect, not a spell effect.

23: Elf-Shot is an enchantment. To ensorcell the arrows to re-cast it whenever fired could lead to a tragedy (what if you fire them from the wrong bow? I have the spell automaticaly hit the caster if misused). The same holds for putting the spell in the bow. Also, the arrows would need to be made, dedicated, ensorcelled, and enchanted all at the same time. This could take a LOT of time and cast-ability.
   Side Note: Magical projectiles- Does each get enchanted, or can they be grouped? If grouped, how many can be done at once? (EL+1 items for projectiles?)

24: The spear is a common weapon for the elves and dwarves. It is also a reach weapon (low (better) priority), and can be thrown. A "lowly beggar" is not going to deserve an Elder. Also, an Eldricht Lance takes the form of a spear or arrow, so I think this is fitting.

26: For fireball, 2 phases is a LONG time. A new spell could work, look at the firedarts option in hell powers. Give the Fire Powers variant the option to cast at x5 cost to have a moving area that lasts (EL+2)/2 phases, traveling at the same factor for PMR. At EL lower than 2, it is not as strong of an area spell, but it can get those long corridors beyond that EL.
  18) Disorder: Is this a slight redudant spell since Abandon is very
      much like this spell?

  20) Earth Strength: Must caster wait entire duration or can the Caster
      end it before duration ends?

   23) Elf-Shot: Can pernament magic dedicated bows/arrows be used or
      is that sorta cheating? :)

  24) Fatal Spear: I always wondered if there is this and Elf-Shot why
      a spear? Why not dagger?  It seems even the most lowly beggar
      can find and use daggers.  Fatal Dagger seems to be more common
      than a spear :)

   26) Fire Ball: I always wondered what the logic of only 2 phases
      was for the Fire ball?  I know a gaseous ball has to dissipate
      fast but theres no way to vary this based on EL say a bit longer
      so it could do down a LONG hall? :)