[PnP] To be a noble or not to be...

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at matrixone.com
Wed Oct 20 14:28:16 CEST 2004

I felt those prices (and a lot of the armor prices) were seriously whacked.
I tried to reformulate the armor prices based on increase in AV, decrease in
weight and increase in DR.

For Dwarven armor I believe I figured the price based on dwarven
construction (metal armors, usually with a +1 AV and an increase in DR) and
that was the price for dwarves and dwarf friends.  Neutrals could purchase
such armor in dwarven areas for about 3x cost.

I did the same for elven armors, mostly with regards to the non-metal (+1
AV, reduced weight, slight increase in DR) and metal (I have elven chain,
made from Ael-metal, an elf-secret alloy similar to titanium).  Elven
non-metal armors are reienforced with VERY hardened wood or other natural
materials.  Again, I figured the new price based on the stats and that is
what elves would pay in elven areas.  Elf friends paid 3x this value, and
neutrals (if they could get it at all -- better have damn good influence)
paid 10x.