[PnP] Dispersion / Damnation

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Oct 1 04:21:42 CEST 2004

At 06:53 PM 9/30/04 -0400, you wrote:
>Dispersion				BMC ­ 10
>	The spell is a potent blast used to eradicate the power of evil. It can be
>cast in combat and as a ritual. Combat casting affects the target’s HPV and
>EnL equally. If either is reduced to zero or less, the enemy is killed.
>Apply the damage determined for the EL used to both factors.
>	The cost to use the spell as a ritual is double normal. Used in this
>manner, it is a precise assault on all that is evil in the target. It can
>only be used to maximum affect on a person of the enemy alignment and must
>be cast on an altar purified for the priest’s alignment. Supernatural forces
>thereof will at best be slain by the effort.
>	Dispersion of evil in this case yields a chance to eradicate any evil
>influences on the person. This can be anything from being a life long member
>of the enemy to being the victim of an enemy curse. The caster must have a
>sufficient MDV Limit to affect what he is attacking.
>If he does, the damage done is his percentage chance of eradicating the evil
>completely. Should his effort fail to erase all evil, he may cast the spell
>again. If it succeeds, the new damage done is added to the previous damage
>to yield the final percentage chance.
>	RANGE ­ EL+1”
>	DAMAGE ­ (EL+1)D10
>	MDV Limit ­ (EL+1)x5
>EXAMPLE ONE ­ An EL5 spell is cast by a priest of Inanna against a
>Heliophobic demon. He scores 31 hits with his 6D10. That amount is
>subtracted from the demon’s EnL and HPV. The physical damage kills it.
>EXAMPLE TWO ­ A Korchi wizard (MDV22) is chained to Ashur’s altar. An
>MEL12/EL7 Dispersion rite is cast. The MDV Limit is 40 so he can be
>affected. When the spell succeeds, the priest scores 42 points with 8D10.
>This yields a 42% chance that ALL evil in and influencing the wizard is
>dispersed. He loses anything considered to be evil by Ashur, starting with
>all knowledge of Chaos magic.

Powerful Damage for what i thought the spell did when reading it.  But its
doable.

>Damnation					BMC ­ 15
>	The rite of Damnation must be cast on a temple altar purified for the
>caster’s faith. Unless the priest chooses to risk heresy, it may only be
>cast on a person who has been judged damned. The affect of the spell sends
>the victim’s shackled, generally unconscious, body to the divinity the rite
>is cast for. Optionally, the victim can be slain at the end of the rite and
>sent. In either case the result is his or her removal from the game unless
>the Referee wants to play out interaction with the Gods.
>	One week of purification is required before attempting this spell. Its sole
>intent is delivery of abomination onto the Gods. If the god who receives
>someone does not agree the person should be damned, the priest may have some
>trouble to deal with.

Wow!  I figured it might be related to that but nto go to the gods
themselves.  That seems a bit overkill.  I figured it might be a oblivion
to the hells or something.  But a direct audience with a god?!...wow...

Range would be Touch and Duration is pernament.  ?

Thanks. Will add to the spell list and when ready wout can uplod it all if
he wants the updated copy...