[PnP] (no subject)

Scott Adams longshot at cybermax.net
Tue Nov 23 04:21:02 CET 2004

At 07:51 AM 11/22/04 -0500, you wrote:

>>From: Scott Adams <longshot at darktech.org>
>>Subject: [PnP] Sidh Creatures
>>Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:53:47 -0500
>>

>>   Ok.  Finished Sidh Creatures..
>>   ---------
>>
>>   Sidh File - Are all Creatures Alignment Elder?
>>
>>   Afanc OCV 6-5 DCV 4(10)-5(11) NF 1D6-1D3* Enl - 25-54 DTV -3 to -2
>>      MDV 5-6 HC NA-22 Special-Appened/Edit.  Added Note.
>>
>>   Alfar AHP 15-17 OCV 3-5 S15-18 St 10-16 D34-40  A48-50
>>     Enl !0-120 MDV 4-6 INT 8-7 HC 13-25
>>     Apperaance - Edit  Special - Edit/Modified  Note-Edited
>>     Richard: Original Alfar has - OCV/DCV * MDV/CDF ** ENL ***
>>       With notes accordinaly but your new Alfar has no *s yet
>>       has the notes.  What gives here?  Need me to elaborate?
>>YES.

Ok.  I sent email but for some reason its not going out to you or
returning my cC back to me. Soooo..  I hate to do it but I'll post it on
the list here.  Hope it doens't annoy folks.

>>    Added A'mora
>>      Added Morrigan's Steed
>>        Richard: Morrigan's Steed - HC 224? :)  Is this more a Kotothi

>>          aligned creature than Elder? The Steed.
>>NATURE OF AMORA EXPLAINED IN LISTING. CREATED BY KOTOTH, FREED BY
MORRIGAN,
>>ALL MALE.

Opps..must've missed that or tired when I made the note :)

>>   Faerry AHP 5-7 S4-5 Enl 30-51 CDF 1-3 MDV 8-9 INT 7-6 HC 15-10
>>     Richard: Neutral mgic? :)  Hrm..guess I'll find out soon.
>>WILL BE DONE WITH MAGIC CHANGES THIS WEEK

Cool.
I figured as much..more stuff to check over.  :)  Fun fun.  But at least
its not as much data as creatures so shouldn't take that long.

>>   added Fata Shee (Warrior)
>>     Added Fata Shee (Magician)
>>     Richard: Fata Warrior - PR is Blank?  Magician CDF IS EL so it
>>       can range from 5-10?
>>DAMN and YEP. PLEASE FIGURE PR AND STICK IT IN FOR ME

How do...oh doggie..oh...let's see didn't think it was the basic PR
formula
so he'd have...(2+2)x2=8..gotcha..filled in..

>>   Fay Horses M - AHP 22-24 Enl 18-61 DTV -3 to -4 HC 42-36
>>              F - AHP 18-19 Enl 24-46 DTV -2 to -3 HC 33-30 CL 1 to NA

>>      Apperance - Minor Edit
>>      Special - Edit
>>      Richard: Female CL NA?  Yet * mentions they are summonable?
>>        Can they be summoned anymore? Used to be CL 1
>>A FUCKUP. SHOULD BE 1 STILL

Cool.  Will change back.  I've often had to summon such when doing a
major elf party or such in some games :)

>>   Added Gwydi
>>     Richard: Do they require material (skin, etc.) for shape
changing?
>>NO

Excellent!  A true shifter...

>>   Added Hob
>>     Richard: Could you clarify the appearance? :)
>>WILL LOOK AT IT. THOUGHT WAS GOOD ENOUGH.

Well if I recall it mentions has common features to sidh.  But is that
more
elf or faerry sidh ? :)  So maybe I was just tired when reading it.

>>   Added Larshee
>>     Richrd: Is this in some way related to Banshees? Which I expect
>>       now to see in the Chaos file? :) J/k
>>DIDN'T ADD BANSHEES.

Well doggie...what will all those geek farmboys do?  Only way they can
seem to have sex it seems.....oh no..that's sucubus isn't
it?..nevermind..

>>   Peist Enl 34-121 DTV -2 to -6
>>     SS Changed from Herbivore to Carnivore
>>     Removed (CDF) * The ()d value applies for males, the other for
females
>>     Special-Minor Edit
>>     Richard: Ugh they are now meat eaters?  I'm glad I didn't know
that
>>       a few months back in an encounter :)  Did you mean to remove
the
>>       CDF * note?
>>WILL CHECK

Let me know.  The radical change in diet makes them a bit more tricky :)

Instead of just pestering someone now they might capture you and your
dong too!...(ok..too much wizard of Oz on TBS this weekend)

Ok.  I'll just post the Alfar/Cait Sith below so as not to take up a new
post to annoy folks.  ITs a bit lengthy since it takes up original and
your new version and some questions..

------------
    Got some questions on these 2.

    Alfar -

    Here is the original from my file years ago...

     Alfar                     Alignment - Elder
        AHP  15     OCV 3*      DCV 7*     NWI 0
        S   15      St  10      D  34(+2)  A   48(+2)
        MR  13      NAV  0      MDV 4**    NF 1D3*
        EnL 10***   CDF  2**    CL   1
        DTV -3      HC  13%     INT  8
        SS Nocturnal Omnivore

          * Add CEL to these values
         ** Add MEL/2, round up, to these values
        *** Multiply thise value by MEL +1.

    Now your new Word version

³ Alfar ³ God ­ Dagda, Rhiannon  ³     ³        ³      ³        ³
³        ³
³ AHP   ³ 17                     ³ OCV ³ 5      ³ DCV  ³ 7      ³ NWI ³
0      ³
³ S     ³ 18(+1)                 ³ St  ³ 16(+1) ³ D    ³ 40(+2) ³ A   ³
50(+2) ³
³ MR    ³ 13                     ³ NAV ³ 0      ³ C    ³ 34(+2) ³ NF  ³
1D3*   ³
³ EnL   ³ 128                    ³ DTV ³ -3     ³ CDF  ³ 8      ³ CL  ³
1      ³
³ SS    ³ Nocturnal Omnivore     ³ MDV ³ 6      ³ INT  ³ 7      ³
³        ³
³ MEL   ³ 8                      ³ PR  ³ 6      ³ SIZE ³ 2      ³ HC  ³
25%    ³

*Add MEL/2 (RU) to these values
**Add (MEL+1)*5.

     Notice. There are no *s anymore by stats and the notes * and **
     are not associated with anything.

     Should I match the * and **'s with the original version?

   Cait Sith -

    Original -

   Cait Sith                      Alignment - Elder

     Special - They have Mana Reading at MEL4/EL4.  They have the innate

     camoflage ability of the Elf, see Common Knowledge in book 1.  In
     general they avoid conflict with enemies that can kill them.
     When they encounter enemies, they enjoy the mischievous destruction

     of property, misleading them, etc.  They will only fight if
     they are cornered or have no choice.  There is 30% chance that
     a cat encountered will be leader of his clan and be larger with
     the following attributes: A) Double S, St, AHP.  OCV+2, NMI to 0.
     B) Intellect is 7.  Have all innate powers and abilities of the
Faerry
     including Sidh Magic at MEL5/EL3.  If Character aids the

     Cait sith in some way and rolls successfully Influence Chance then
     the cat's friendship is earned.  Cat will remain with character
until
     it dies or the character violates some taboo of the Sidh.  (Unless
it
     is killed the Cait sith will never die before the character, if
     character is human, in human terms, Cait Sith can live from 150-200

     years).

   Cait Sith New Version

    ³ Cait Sith ³ Oberon        ³     ³    ³      ³        ³
³         ³
      [Stats deleted not needed]

Special — Cait Sith have Mana Reading at MEL4/EL4. They have the innate
camouflage ability of the Elf (see Common Knowledge in book 1). They
avoid
conflict with enemies that can kill them. When they encounter enemies
they
enjoy the mischievous destruction of property, misleading them, etc.
They only
fight if they are cornered or have no choice.

There is 30% chance that one of the encountered cats is the leader of
her clan.
If so, she has the following attributes:

  ³ Cait Sith     ³ Oberon        ³     ³    ³      ³        ³
³         ³
  ³ Queen         ³               ³     ³    ³      ³        ³
³         ³
     [Stats Deleted]

Queens have all innate powers and abilities of Faerry including Sidh
Magic at
MEL6/EL3. Other Cait Sith have one Sidh power at MEL4/EL2. All Cait Sith

understand the Tongue of the Sidh and Faerry Sidh. Queens speak Faerry
Sidh.

If a Character aids the Cait Sith in some way and rolls a successful
Influence
Chance the cat’s friendship is earned. The cat will remain with the
character
until it dies or the character violates a taboo of the Sidh. (Unless it
is
killed the Cait Sith will never die before the character if the
character is
human. Cait Sith live 200+(2D10*20) middle world years).

    Ok.  As you can see the original has some things not shown
    in the new version.  You mention "has the following attributes:"
    then you jump to the queen as if you are missing A) and B)? and
    such in the above original.  So what should be the final product?

    :)

    Thanks

Hope you see the confusion?