[PnP] Blinded/Darkness/Invisibility

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 03:46:07 CET 2004

This is an eye "condition" (normal, actually*), which is characterised by high population of binary rods (see if light is present, not a color). Since the eyes ARE a part of the brain, it can be classified as either. The reason it is described as a "normal" condition is that those whose eyes do not function like this have mutated to become more capable of daytime farings. In early mutation, spontaneous retro-mutation (reversion) can occur to ensure that the genetic trait is "functional", and not just circumstancial (with respect to several thousand years). I have a good dark accuity, but can NOT see "in the dark", as you obviously can. I simply lack cones for color perception, so my blurred vision clears the dimmer light gets (to a point). That is why many people claim to be able to see well in the dark.
Well, gotta say sorry for sending this one out. Take care.

Oh, and if you *really* wanna confuse the issue, try and
incorporate people like me in there. I've got a weird condition of
the eyes (or brain, --never was sure what caused it) that allows
me to see in the dark, but have diminished eyesight in daylight.
Pitch black doesn't bother me a bit. Looks like twilight to me.
Middle of the day, no cloud cover, and the sun is shining? I can't
go outside without heavy sunglasses, and even then I can barely
see. I'm 38 years old, and despite all the goofballs I've met over
the years that falsely boast that they can see in the dark, I
actually, only recently, finally met another person that had a
similar condition (although his is definitely a little different,
as we discovered through exchanging notes). Halogen lights are
like knives through our skulls, but those new blue halogens don't
hurt me as they still do him.