[PnP] Gems

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at matrixone.com
Wed Mar 24 13:14:42 CET 2004

I have no problem with being able to improve the quality of a gem, but it
generally involves making it smaller (chipping away the flawed part and
re-faceting)

So, I would say that each step change in quality requires a loss of 1d6x5%
of the original size in carats.  The jeweler can determine the degree of
loss BEFORE he does the work, and therefore see if it is worth his time.

Burton Choinski
Principal Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-589-4089
fax:      978-589-5903

MatrixOne, Inc.
210 Littleton Rd.
Westford, Ma 01886
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce