[PnP] Gems

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 06:49:06 CET 2004

I agree that the requirements should be forbiddingly high. However, I feel that some medium flawless brilliant stones should be allowed minor effects. By adding brilliant, and a minimum size of medium, there would not be too many extra magic gems. Also, the power should be much weaker (about a quarter). For groupings, I would say no less than 5 medium flawless of equal clarity would do the trick.

Sylverrs_ dragon <abnaric at hotmail.com> wrote:For both game balance and what I feel is appropriate for the use of the
material I am not predisposed toward having a system where every chip of
precious gem can be magicked into something special. I will consider the
suggestion and possibly think of a way where smaller items set in a magical
items in series can equate to the require large, flawless jewel the system
now requires.
I see the change you proposed creating a game where everyone and their
brother carries around a "golf" bag full of magic items they pick and choose
from. I do not think that is appropriate.