[PnP] idea

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Sun Mar 21 03:53:44 CET 2004

At 11:59 PM 3/20/04 +0100, you wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 05:47:18PM -0500, Scott Adams wrote:
>> I used to know of a software that did hypertext quite well.  But can't
>> recall it now.  I do think a Hypertext document would be very greatly
>> useful.  I mean to click on swimming skill read it then find a link to the
>> swimming table for example right then would be very useful and efficient.
>
>Exactly, I think that would be very useful indeed. It could also be used
>for a computerized character sheet.

Wow.  The possiblities.  Click on your sheet.  Click on skill X get a popup
of that skill and any table links.  Click on a piece of gear get stats.
Wow...I'm drooling :)  Ever see the old AD&D CD?  I think their rules had
hyperlinked documents.  I got it on the shelf I'd have to relook at it.
But it was pretty useful.
Such a document format would lure more newbies than keep them away even
with the math due to its ease and access.

Plus, if richard has new rules he could in theory edit that 'chunk' of info
and link rather than editing and reformiating an entire document.  I only
have a slight experience in Window help file which is sorta hyperlinked but
not the style I'm thinking it does it in chunks of data.

>> I could do word but I'm sure not everyone had that.  But I'm sure
>> everyone has some form of basic Text editor :)
>
>Definitely. We would just have to agree on the formatting of the text.
>Maybe it's time for some specifics: Who here is able to hand-type HTML?
>(That's a yes for me.)

HTML is here...I update my own website by HTML :) rather htan using a
editor and use pure text (hint hint).  But no one has to be a guru in it
there are many text to HTML editors out there that convert as well.

Maybe wout could gather up a questionaire or voting booth on the list.
Gather some questions like 'what format' 'what software do you support'
'what is your expertise' 'should we do X and Y' that kinda thing?  Wout can
you setup some kinda thing like that.  Would be best to gather the info
that way instead of taking alot of notes in the list by hand :)