[PnP] idea

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Thu Mar 18 23:47:18 CET 2004

At 06:42 PM 3/18/04 +0100, you wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 11:42:32PM -0500, Scott Adams wrote:
>> That's one thing we could get great use of its a hyper text document.
>> You pull it up and it shows say Rule 14.3 and you see it says see Rule
>> 11.2 you could then click it and it would go right to that rule.  That
>> would be greatly useful.  I hate pdfs but even I could go for that :)
>
>I've been thinking about a good format to use for collaborating on
>P&Pv2.  Using Word would make it harder to do things like a hypertext
>version, and may make collaborating harder in general. I've not yet come
>to any real conclusion on what would be best, but perhaps others have
>thoughts on this as well, so I thought I'd mention it. The format we
>used for the current PDFs would probably be too hard.

I used to know of a software that did hypertext quite well.  But can't
recall it now.  I do think a Hypertext document would be very greatly
useful.  I mean to click on swimming skill read it then find a link to the
swimming table for example right then would be very useful and efficient.
I could do word but I'm sure not everyone had that.  But I'm sure everyone
has some form of basic Text editor :)

>Another question: For P&Pv2, are we talking about a complete
>restructuring of the rule set, or a rewrite/rule change, while keeping
>the same structure? I've always thought the endless subsubsubsectioning
>was rather weird, and some subjects are covered all over the place.
>Restructuring would definitely be a lot more work, though.

I think its just a rule set cleanup and modification.  But richard could
exlain that better.