[PnP] Phoenix magics + Ap

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Thu Mar 18 01:53:30 CET 2004

At 11:21 AM 3/16/04 -0900, you wrote:
>Someone said that they suggest switching W and Em as the prime attributes
>for shamanic and sidh magics. I second that idea.
>
>Another idea is to have a new category of  Bardic magic based on
>Eloquence, maybe some spells getting a bonus from Ap.
>
>Speaking of Ap, I am not fond of it having its own progression table. I
>would prefer if it shared the progression that other attributes have.

Oh!...not on the aboe but that brings up something I thought about awhile
back.
Spell bonuses.  I've been playing Diablo 2 alot and see they do this quite
well.
A character will have bonuses for certain magics.  If one say for examle
has a Fire Spell he'll get bonuses in sub spells of that type like Inferno
and it'll build on itself.  For pnp maybe something like if a character has
Fire Dart from a scroll learning session and then later learns Fire Powers
he'll get some minor bonus.  Something rough like that.  Maybe a casting or
EL bonus.  Hmm..now that I think of it and put it into words it may be too
powerful to do EL bonuses in some cases.  I'll have to rethink of my idea
and get back to it :)

Now as to App.  Let's face it.  In most rpg systems that's the least
desired stat for any player unless its a girl playing (in my experience).
As guys will tend to put their lowest score in it.  Theres not much you can
do beyond that.  Its human nature.  Now you could add IC bonuses for App or
persuasion stuff.  But beyond that not sure how you could improve on it.

I personally never understood the diff chart for C/Ap myself.