[PnP] idea

Matijs van Zuijlen Matijs.van.Zuijlen at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 17 20:17:55 CET 2004

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:14:27AM -0800, Albert Sales wrote:
> Doesn't the .NET studio write for PDA as easily as for pc? If so, I
> can lend some assistance. We would mainly just need documents,
> however. This is something that could be surprisingly easy to do, and
> then we could complicate is as much as desired.

Well, the PDA world is much larger than WindowsCE/PocketPC/whatever it's
called today. Anything written for .NET would not run on any of my
systems at the moment (I have a Palm Zire and several Linux[1] laptops),
and it seems there are many more people on this list without Windows
machines.

[As an aside, does .NET run on Windows 98?]

That said, there are probably too many platforms for just one
implementation of whatever computer aid we would want to create. Perhaps
we could just share code or algorithms for whatever we implement, so
similar applications can be made for platforms others are more familiar
with?  With some effort, I should be able to read C#, and write C or
Perl or Ruby that does something similar.

Oh, and I picked up a book on programming for PalmOS last week, so I may
be able to work on that.

[1] Yes, I know about Mono <http://www.go-mono.org>. I think it has some
...  issues. And it still won't run on my Zire.

--
Matijs van Zuijlen