[PnP] Up next on "Corruptions of Game Systems"...

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at matrixone.com
Thu Mar 11 19:30:25 CET 2004

Well, next in the queue for my home group looks to be a true bastard of
systems:

   -  Using the Perilous Lands (can't beat the cultures and map!  Richard,
get the rights! :)
   -  with Dream Pod 9's "Silhouette" (SilCore) system
   -  with Runequest's spirit magic SilCore-ized and bolted on

What Chimera!

About the only benefit this may seem to the list is that if this does work
out into an ongoing game, is more map and cultural additions. :}

The reasons for going SilCore are primarily of simplicity.  Two members (my
Wife and my brother's Fiance) are not di-hard gamers (my brother and I
converted over to P&P in 83, so we can hack it -- my wife hates grinding
math and I ended up doing all the sheet mods. :P )

It's a test, though.  My brother's home-brew system also uses the Perilous
Lands, but he is not on the list.

Burton Choinski
Principal Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-589-4089
fax:      978-589-5903

MatrixOne, Inc.
210 Littleton Rd.
Westford, Ma 01886
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce