[PnP] PW / A List we need

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at matrixone.com
Fri Mar 5 14:10:28 CET 2004

I thought we wanted a list of "things not to do while in Marentia", not a
Cliffs Notes condensation of data.  Not that something like that is not
useful either.

Thinking on it, a guide book in Scott's format may be the way to go.  As a
quick reference it would help new players overwelmed by the cultures.
I would think format should be tweaked, though:

TEOS
   Government: Theocratic Monarchy
   Religon:    Law, Enki, High Priest
   Allies:     Vahear, Kingdom of East, Trade ties with Tiansar/Koi'ian
   Enemies:    Cerulean Empire

   Taboos:     <quickie list of things that will bring a shitstorm on you>
   Noted For:  <quickie list of things they are noted for>

It would be good if each culture took no more than 2 inches on a two-column
page, if it even needs that.  As a cultural hook, perhaps the line that
indicates the "similar to" earth culture would be helpful.

Burton Choinski
Principal Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-589-4089
fax:      978-589-5903

MatrixOne, Inc.
210 Littleton Rd.
Westford, Ma 01886
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce