[PnP] Holy Crap!!!!

Larry Kurgan at Fastmail.fm
Sun Jul 25 00:59:21 CEST 2004

Hello Richard,

Sd> Historical note - Hoffa, the guy who marketed it, had us both over to his
Sd> house one afternoon to autograph five hundred of them.

    And they're about as hard to find now as another historical Hoffa.

    :)

    My copy is first edition, and not autographed, although sometimes
    I wonder about that when I read some of the comments on the web. I
    keep finding references to alternate dates, and descriptions of
    the set, and not all of it jibes. My set says it's first edition,
    first printing, and it has the colored books that Dave said were a
    bad idea and would be changed in the second edition. However,
    according to what I've read, the first edition was published
    in '78 through Excalibre Games, and the 2nd ed. was in '79 from
    Adventure Games. Well, my set has the Excalibre logo on the box
    cover, and "copyright Adventures Unlimited" on the side and on the
    books, and a listed date of 1979 (on the books, the box has no
    date). One website lists it as being published in 1976 (I'm sure
    they're just mistaken), and another lists it as being published in
    1982, and that's on an Arneson biography page!

    One a side note, my set had no character sheet in it, although it
    was unused and mint when I got it. Was it missing, or was one not
    included?

Best regards,

   Larry                         mailto:Kurgan at Fastmail.fm