[PnP] Holy Crap!!!!

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 17:11:06 CEST 2004

   That is more to what I remember of it. It was guidelines for improving the mode of play (of any game). The questions were due to the vaguenes of my memory of it (what I implemented, I kept in my head, but know not from where), and to use precaution towards that recommended approach. Legally, it is not a good idea. Parallels would be off.

Sylverrs_ dragon <abnaric at hotmail.com> wrote:

Adventures in Fantasy was a simplistic, generic, D and D oriented game. It
isn't in the same league as P and P. I wrote two thirds of it. Using its
system for a redo of P and P is not the way to go.

   The "New System" (so to speak) idea holds the best in my mind. PnP has many unique qualities, but those are the qualities you gave it. The "Skeleton" of the game is where it is strong, with the details being the flesh to cover it up and make it run. The "flesh" now belongs to WotC, but the skeleton is still from your mind. With this being the case, the new (aka revised) system would come from changing the flesh, and improving the skeleton. However, the look and feel would need to differ.
   The "Fan-Pub" idea will work. It simply can't be put to market. The approache between these two would have to be different. The fan-pub would be much less work, and a quicker result. I'm happy either way, but you (Richard) to decide on the approache, and lead us into getting started.
   Copyrighted materials: The PnP materials are copyrighted, we know. However, you had inspiration from somewhere when you first wrote it. You also did your research for education and finance. The same research = the same frame. It has happened before. (A suit was actually attempted because the Battlestar Galactica Hand-Blasters sounded like the Blaster Pistols used by Storm Troopers, for ex. It went nowhere fast) With Enough of a new look and a few (mainly cosmetic) changes, the basis of PnP still holds freely for a new system.
     Wow, that sounds wierd. The use of formulas throughout makes it easy to keep. A MATHMATICAL FORMULA CANNOT BE OWNED. If a new system were made to make use of similar formulas in a similar manner, it is still new. This little fact has been in the electronics industry for decades, wreaking havoc. But it does hold up.