[PnP] Just for fun

Larry Kurgan at Fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 22 19:45:02 CEST 2004

Hello Burton,

CB> "Time of Legends"

     Although I like the name on its own merits (sounds very cool), I
     have two probs. First, at least two other RPGs have used the
     terms, and secondly, as you mention below, it implies that the
     characters are larger than life. Obviously, you like that, and
     that's fair, but the think that I always loved about P&P was the
     fact that characters were just people. No classes, no archetypes,
     etc. When they do heroic things, it means a lot more, because
     they were regular people that rose to the occasion. Just personal
     taste, of course.

CB> On the idea that all player characters (and character class) are pretty much
CB> "legendary" when compared to normals.

     See above. :)

CB> The "Time" part being a critical juncture in the Perilous Lands (or "Legendary
CB> Lands", or "World of <insert name here>>") in which the current culture
CB> structure is about to be kicked on it's ass (Upheaval in Donara, massive Sea
CB> of Tears power shifts, etc).

    Well, for one thing, that tied it to PL, which I'm not crazy
    about, but I am curious about the changes you mention. Are you
    referring to a possible change in the "world" to set up a new
    game, or have there been such changes made to the backstory/land
    online that I haven't heard of?

Best regards,

   Larry                         mailto:Kurgan at Fastmail.fm