[PnP] Old Adventures - Highlights

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 09:11:39 CET 2004

The wife and I concluded on our single most memorable event in a PnP session:
   Our friend, Randy, was playing a powerful dwarvish warrior. He had been "Picked on" magically early on, so he grew attached to the items that protected him. After fighting a pair of beithir, he was saddened to see only enough skin remained for boots. He still used it for the protection it could offer (to his feet).
   Later, he was forced to give these boots to some creature, don't remember the type, as "payment" for help they offered. The down-troddened (and bald from fire) dwarf reluctantly turned them over. His dice seemed to reflect the dwarf's depression, as he started doing terrible at everything.
   On the particular session, only he, my wife, and I were playing. We had gone into an area to reclaim and explore. It wasn't long before the tell-tale lightning swarm picked up; the only other encounter we had with beithir. Randy got a huge grin from ear-to-ear when he was told his damage, rose from the table and called the dwarf's new battle-cry:
            "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS!!!!!!!!"
  Even though he did not get a new pair (the snakes escaped into an underwater lair), his dice had started rolling well again. The only time he did well AT ALL against a kotothic snake was if he first used the battle-cry.