[PnP] So, what about this spell?

Sylverrs_ dragon abnaric at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 18 01:58:16 CET 2004

The wonderful paste up artist chopped the description out and I didn't catch
the mistake. Sorry about that. One of many I didn't catch. I do not remember
the exact particulars any longer. I do recall the general intent and
affects.

SOUND SPHERE
Version 1 -    The spell creates an area filled with a cacophony of
other-worldly, infernal sound. Anyone in the area of effect has a chance to
be affected. Those that are suffer EL+1 squared days of deafness and must
roll their Will. If they fail the will roll they suffer Insanity at 1/2 the
EL of the Sound Sphere spell (RD) - if the result equals the Sound Sphere EL
no chance of Insanity exists. The caster is not immune to the affect of this
spell unless his lifeform is. If he casts the sphere such that he is in its
radius, he must roll to be affected.
CASTING RANGE - EL+1 * 2
SPHERE RADIUS - EL (If zero, the sphere will only affect a single individual
in the target hex)
IMPORTANT - Demons, Beasts and any being with demon or beast blood of
whatever source are immune to the affect of this spell.
Version 2 - The spell may be cast at 1/2 the listed BMC. When it is used in
this manner it is used as a tactical diversion. Persons entering the sphere
of ect hear strange sounds from random directions. Now and then emphatic
sounds shout from nowhere. Used in this manner, the spell disrupts the
concentration of people, strikes fear into animals, etc. No magic-user may
cast magic while affected by the sphere without making a Will roll each
phase.
DURATION - EL+1 * 3 (Phases for Version 1, Turns for Version 2.)

The above is just off the top of my head. I will solidify it for the redo of
Book Two. Hope it helps.