[PnP] Mass Combat comments

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Feb 17 02:58:07 CET 2004

>Note: It would be nice to have the 'Reply' and 'Quote original message'
>functions available. Though I can cut and paste to and from a word
>processing program.
>
>Many years ago I wrote, playtested, copyrighted and tried to sell to Steve
>Jackson Games a set of Mass Skirmish rules suitable for miniatures battles
>involving dozens to hundreds of GURPS PCs/NpCs/Monsters. They declined to
>buy it.

Ever play Warhammer 40k or Napolenoics or ...what was that other game...hmm
err..can't think of it now but fantasy based.  Nap.  had great rules for
mass combat though obviously not fit for fantasy level.  Mass combat can be
tedious (heck look at the ship battle we just did over 150 men killed or
captured by about 30 of you guys that was pure chaos at times :)).  In some
cases I tend to adapt home brew rules and program a quick mass combat
program for battle.

Actually that reminds me of a ancient game Arts of War that allowed you to
simulate something like that...