Attribute Gen proposal for v2

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Fri Feb 13 03:35:16 CET 2004

At 04:07 AM 2/12/04 -0800, you wrote:

> I think we ALL love the char gen process. However, I know that many people
> like to "map out" a character. These ideas are mainly for them.

Well I map out a character using the current system.  I even have players sit
and decide way before they even touch a pencil what they want to play,
background, skills and other things even a general feel for equipment.  Then I
let the know what they will need to center their focus into.  That's how GMs
should do it.  It should not be dependent on the game system.  Be it pnp or
that other fantasy dungeon game :).  I studied burt's thing just now again it
has some interesting points but to me could make things more complex with
choices for people.  Actually it reminds me of a game system that used a
similar system.  I played it at some convention maybe 20 years ago.  Can't
recall the name but it was something to do with cyborgs.  It used a similar
system of high/low.