Armorer apprenticeships

Albert Sales drite_mi at YAHOO.COM
Fri Feb 6 07:30:39 CET 2004

   Here, I can speak with a wee bit of experience
(very wee). An apprentice is a very generic term.
Most apprentices will perform the rough work
(cutting links to make chain mail is what I did),
and then go to a higher apprentice. This more
skilled apprentice will show them how to do the
next step (joining the rings into strips for
Four-in-One), and take this work to THEIR
superior. This person (apprentice or
craftsman)would show THAT apprentice how to
combine the strips into more-or-less armor, and
then add the finishing touches. Whenever you are
"shown" a task, you do it as well. An apprentice
does a LOT of time work, but requires little
skill at the bottom levels. Time-wise, an
apprentice does an equal share of a task AT
FIRST, and then either slows to 3/4 speed or
stops. I don't know of a good "game-term" to put
that in. Generally, they should get 3/4 to 7/8
man-hours as a lump.

--- Alex Koponen <akoponen at MOSQUITONET.COM>