Question for Richard

John Raner katkin_kalvin at YAHOO.COM
Tue Feb 3 08:32:56 CET 2004

--- Kurgan <Kurgan at Fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Those would be Fantasy Wargaming, by Bruce
> Galloway, which
> purported to be a book *about* gaming, but was
> actually a
> complete system (did anyone ever actually play
> this one?)

I have owned a copy of that book for almost twenty
years and I have never played it. I did make a couple
of characters though. I think I still have one stuck
in the book.

It seems to me that every gamer I have ever known had
a copy of that book but no one ever played it.

> Y'know, if one takes the time to actually read
> Fantasy
> Wargaming, it's really not too shabby. WAY too
> heavy on the
> astrology, but if you overlook that, it's
> actually pretty cool.

It is pretty cool. It has a wealth of material that
can be mined for any fantasy rpg. The best thing is
that it is the only fantasy rpg I know of to give game
stats for God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, Virgin Mary,
etc. :)

Cheers,
John

=====
"Keep a government poor and weak and it's your servant; let it get rich and powerful and it's your master."
---- Colonel Andrew Jackson Hickok

A state, is called the coldest of all cold monsters. Coldly lieth it also; and this lie creepeth from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people."
---- Friedrich Nietzsche

"It is a shame that governments are chiefed by the devil tongues"
---- Chief Ten Bears

"There is no such thing as an obsolete weapon or tool, merely obsolete thinking in its employ."
---- Mark D. (CapnCarp at yahoo.com)