DTV

Kurgan Kurgan at FASTMAIL.FM
Sun Feb 1 20:49:23 CET 2004

   For your consideration, allow me to share the DTV formula I've been
   using successfully for many years. It dawned on me a long time ago
   that, considering how involved and lengthy the character generation
   process is, it was in my best interests to give them every chance
   for survival, and so I modified the DTV in the following fashion:

   (((C/10* + StB) +1/CEL beyond CEL 4) x-1) (*R.U.)

   Just as a higher MEL gives an overall advantage to manipulating
   mana, the incorporation of the CEL, as it rises above average,
   denotes an overall physical awareness, based on combat experience,
   to know how to take a blow and lessen the effective damage
   slightly, as well as adding a subtle 'toughness factor' from the
   physical conditioning that comes with years of combat.

   This, of course, does not cover any systems for expressing blood loss,
   stun, etc. which could be additionally employed for further realism.

Best regards,

   Kurgan                         mailto:Kurgan at Fastmail.fm