[PnP] Dedication

Wout Broere broere at powersandperils.org
Thu Dec 23 09:48:04 CET 2004

Rule number one: The GM is always right. That also means that in different
games, slightly different rules may apply. So even if I give my
interpretation of the rules, this essentially is only a guideline, and
should have no impact on Scotts decision.

Focusing on items, not weapons, first. Enchantment allows you to increase
the quality of an item, example is for size of container. Ensorcellment
allows items to cast spells. Enchantment does not grant such powers.

There is a spell enchanted dedication, but this states it is for weapons
(not even a mention of armor, let alone anything else). Granted there is a
loophole, as the spell mentions that items can be dedicated. Even so, if
items were allowed under this spell, this would improve the enchantment for
some persons. So you just made a magic skin, which can hold 2 quarts of
wine if the person or force who it is dedicated to holds it, and one half
quart if held by someone else?

Problem is: there is no spell dedicated ensorcellment, which is what you
are looking for.

In my game, the item you are looking for would not exist.

And there should be something in the books, somewhere, if I remember
correctly, written by Richard, stating that the rules are not "set in
stone" and that each GM should be able, and even willing, to expand and/or
modify the rules to fit his or hers game environment. I just couldn't find
it when looking.

My two cents, for what they are worth.
Wout