[PnP] 'Hot-Rodded' Trireme

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Mon Dec 20 04:22:11 CET 2004

At 07:09 PM 7/28/04 -0800, you wrote:
>Since Ticasi has only one trireme AND is supportive of magic, one can
>imagine that they may have spent some magical effort to 'hot-rod' their
>trireme to make it more effective than the average trireme.
>
>So what ideas do people have for just how they might have improved it's
>effectiveness?

We talked about this briefly when you were busy with the election stuff :)
I'll likely be going into detail on this very matter when I work on the
Ship Module likely late Jan.  I'm 98% done with the monsters but the pbem
is curtailing things.

Anyways, brief answer is purely defensive stuff.  Being educational I don't
see
it really a warship especially since its alone.

Thus Speed, Sails, Rigging, Storm Protection, Maneuverability, Hull
Strength, Crew Quality, Navigation any type of that magic would be on the
ship.

I see more the ticasi ship as a training ship for the ticasi navy programs
training in Navy operations and warfare so its probably 90% of the time on
training ops 5% on ceremony duty and 5% maybe actual war ops like the
occasional pirate trying to raid the land...

IMHO.