A Possible Combat Option

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at MATRIXONE.COM
Mon Oct 20 13:53:40 CEST 2003

||      My thought was to add a third option. I call it
|| fighting aggressively
|| for lack of a better term. In this mode, the individual is
|| pressing the
|| attack intent on maximum mayhem. The effect of this would be
|| as follows:
|| 1) One half of his EL rounded down will be used as his
|| combat subtractor. If
|| he is EL 12, he may subtract 6 instead of 12.
|| 2) His EL divided by 4, rounded down, is ADDED to his SB for all hit
|| resolution, normal, shield, severe and deadly. If the EL 12
|| person above had
|| a SB of +2, while fighting aggressively it is effectively +5.
|| 3) Where fatigue rules are being used (which I must greatly
|| improve upon)
|| the cost to fight aggressively would be DOUBLE the cost to
|| fight offensively
|| or defensively.

That sounds fine when it comes to normal, shield and severe hits, but on
deadly hits it is WAY too much.  When you have a Warrior humping around a +3
SB normally, plus a +1 SB weapon, then adding another +3 SB for agressive
attacks -- rolling 8d10 on a deadly hit is a bit much.  And they are very
likely to get that deadly, given their -12 on the roll, plus their OCV will
be that much higher due to their SB.

I think it's asking for min-maxing troubles.

Burton Choinski
Principal Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-322-2135
fax  : 978-452-5764

MatrixOne, Inc.
Two Executive Drive
Chelmsford, Ma 01824
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce