A Possible Combat Option

Albert Sales drite_mi at YAHOO.COM
Sun Oct 19 13:17:55 CEST 2003

Hmmm... VERY good point. Perhaps adding a drop in priority would help even it out. Maybe give the enemy an attack bonus. Or Maybe, it is the rage that needs to be revised...

Alex Koponen <akoponen at MOSQUITONET.COM> wrote:Our group has always used a houserule that allows a fighter to
partially allocate EL to offense and the rest to defense. It just seemed
reasonable that a skilled fighter can choose just how aggressive or
defensive they want to be. The houserule was only occasionally used.

Battle Fury gives +2 SB, plus can ADD 10 to your attack roll (or at
the enemies choice they may have a -5 modifier to hit you). Compared to
Battle Fury your option allows an weaponmaster more damage without the
penalties. EL8-11 would have the same SB, again without the penalties.
It is not an option I'd put into the basic rules.

Alex K