Phoenix

Adaen of Bridgewater adaen at HIGHADVENTUREGAMES.COM
Fri Oct 17 14:37:35 CEST 2003

I would like to see more/better examples of these things in a revision/2E of P&P. I'm a bit of a "system-slut" in that I read, tweek, and combine many different systems (as part of research for my own Aega Mythea game...and well, because its fun for its own sake). Examples are very helpful in finding "gems in the rough" amoung all the different ideas out there. That being said, P&P definitely is something special.

I am interested in other systems that people here like and why they like them (or do not like them). In particular, I'd like to hear about: RoleMaster 1e/2e, RoleMaster SS/FRP, MERP, HarnMaster, and RuneQuest. I'm also curious as to whether any of you are familiar with Age of Heroes (until recently free online), Riddle of Steel (a new game that features what is probably the most realistic combat system to date), and Lands of Adventure (FGU).  Who knows these games and what are your thoughts on them?

Adaen of Bridgewater

Scott Adams <longshot at DARKTECH.ORG> wrote:

>    I've also noticed that my new players have the HARDEST time with
character
> creation. A pregenerated adventure or two with premade characters (including
> an explaination as to how their points were spent) could be VERY helpful...
> the best way to learn a system is to play it.

I'd agree. A pregen might help new folks learn the system. Folks also like
supplements to
learn aspects of the game like magic, combat, etc. With examples. But for
most
of us who used it for decades it isn't that much needed.