P&P problems

Sylverrs_ dragon abnaric at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 16 13:35:35 CEST 2003

In my view the magicuser is capable of overwhelming power IF he survives to
develop his talent and gains access to the knowledge required. The balance
as I see it lies in his lower hit level because mental ability is stressed
and vulnerability when casting some of the more useful spells. The problem I
see with the magic lies in its complexity in record keeping and character
maintenance.
The stat system for creatures was a means to provide for the HPV and give
reasonable combat values for the race in question. It meshes with the
character system but, as you mention, is not an exact fit. The optional
system I included for varying the size of individual creatures provides some
variability reflective of that enjoyed by characters.