Greetings

Kurgan Kurgan at FASTMAIL.FM
Wed Oct 15 03:40:08 CEST 2003

Hello Drachir! <Chuckle>

   Glad to see you here! I'm the guy that almost rewrote your game for
   Avalon Hill. Long after it had gone oop, AH was wanting to get on
   the universal system bandwagon and give Steve Jackson a run for his
   money. I was asked to re-write, expand, and update P&P into a
   multi-genre system, but AH caught a bullet to the noggin before I
   could submit it. I've been a huge fan of the game since it first
   came out, and I imagine a bunch of us could easily make suggestions
   on a 2nd edition, based on our years of using the rules and making
   logical additions & modifications. I wonder, though, if you'd have
   trouble with the legalities or not. AH was adamant that they owned
   the game, which now would be owned by WotC (and getting a dead
   system from them is virtually impossible, --I've tried, and know
   several others that have had a similar negative experience).
      Then again, just as P&P showed definite influences from your
   earlier work on Adventures in Fantasy (I have a mint copy on my
   shelf!), the new version could simply get a new name and be
   "influenced" by P&P, skipping over the copyright problems easily. I
   imagine you've already given this plenty of thought, so I'd be
   curious which avenues you're considering.

Best regards,

   Larry (aka Kurgan)                 mailto:Kurgan at Fastmail.fm