Oh crap...

Kurgan Kurgan at FASTMAIL.FM
Fri Mar 21 15:24:52 CET 2003

Hey guys,

      Made one small mistake. No sooner than I said it and mailed it I
      went back and did some more reading and discovered that the game
      *does* have character levels. Yech. However, I looked around and
      within a short time I was able to write an optional rule that
      bypasses character levels entirely and makes them redundant.
      Actually, I rather like the new rule and think it makes the game
      better. :) Hubris in action! My optional rule is a blatant P&P
      ripoff. Instead of getting skill points each level the
      characters get them from skill usage, just as in P&P. It's a
      tiny bit more detailed than that, but it conveys they idea
      better. Anywho, if anyone does look into the game just let me
      know and I'd be happy to send you the doc. Besides, it looks
      more like they added levels out of sheer habit, and didn't
      actually tie much into them, anyway. It was easy to bypass. :)

Best regards,

    Kurgan

    Mailto:Kurgan at Fastmail.fm