Interesting find.

Kurgan Kurgan at FASTMAIL.FM
Fri Mar 14 16:52:34 CET 2003

Hello John,

JR> I have a scan but I am trying to locate a copy of the
JR> new version released by Chaosium in 2002. It even has
JR> color artwork on the cover :). All the WoW booklets
JR> are tiny and it is amazing how much they packed into
JR> them.

    Chaosium re-released Worlds of Wonder??? You're kidding?!!!

    Oh, that was the most horrible thing they ever did. When it first
    came out I rushed out and bought it, ran home full of
    anticipation, opened the box, and saw a copy of Basic Roleplaying
    and three little booklets with practically zilch for content. I
    was pissed. Actually, now that I think about it, I was part of a
    discount club back then, so was doing everything through mail
    order. Anyway, I wrote to Chaosium about it and they wrote back
    and pretty much admitted they knew it was a mistake. We actually
    shared a laugh about it, and they took it back and gave me some
    other merchandise instead with their complements. That actually
    opened the door for me, and I ended up writing back and forth
    several times with Greg Stafford, and he sent me lots of cool
    junk. So, as horrible as the game was, it ended up being the cause
    of some cool memories. :)

Best regards,

   Kurgan

   Mailto:Kurgan at Fastmail.fm

 Today's Zen Wisdom:

    "It was a...*teeny* bit selfless, wasn't it?"  -Q