Interesting find.

John Raner katkin_kalvin at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 13 18:01:45 CET 2003

--- Adaen of Bridgewater <adaen at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> I would be interested in hearing people's impression
> of these and their thoughts on the P&P ruleset in
> comparison.

Since you mentioned Runequest.... I recently came
across a copy of Chaosiums Basic Roleplaying system
which is the core of the Runequest system. I also got
a copy of Worlds of Wonder which was a set of 3 world
books for use with BRPS. The Magic World supplement
has impressed me as a realistic, rules lite fantasy
game. It does have classes but no levels and the
classes aren't as restricted as they are in D&D. I
have talked my group into giving it a try and should
start a game in the next few weeks.

As I get older, I find that incrediably complex
roleplaying games don't hold the same appeal to me
that they did when I was younger. I have P&P but have
never played it as I can't seem to figure out how to
run the system smoothly.

Cheers,
John

BTW, the BRPS rules and Worlds of Wonder can be
downloaded (free) here:

http://basicrps.narod.ru/index-wow.html

=====
"It is a shame that governments are chiefed by the devil tongues"

Chief Ten Bears