repair

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Fri Aug 29 00:29:38 CEST 2003

At 09:16 PM 8/27/03 -0800, you wrote:
>Well actually I was thinking more of a magic bow or magic staff that got
>badly burnt, but there is also some magical chainmail that lost a lot of
>FV due to the same cause. Ah well, too bad.
>One of the nice things about the GURPS system is that it has more spells,
>including Repair, and rules for making new spells.
>Any ideas on a repair spell for P&P?
>Any ideas on general rules for creating new spells in P&P?

Could ya scan in the repair spell and show it theirs?  I don't recall any such
rules in the various
2 dozen game systems I've run (fantasy wise at least).  Hawkmoon/Elric has a
bit of minor rules but
its nto magicl repair per se.

Problem with a repair spell is that do you just bam its repaired or do you
cast
the same magic
on it as previous?  I think a basic repair spell could be done to repair the
item up to its
physical structure (like a  armorer skill) but then its magical repair would
have to be done
otherwise.