Website Additions

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at MATRIXONE.COM
Fri Mar 29 20:04:52 CET 2002

||True.  Well I wish someone would come up with stuff I could use like
||ship info like typical merchant ships, warships, cargo ships..stuff like
||that for pnp with everything about them stats and such :) [hint hint] :)

Ha Ha. It is to laugh....

Yea, yea, the other ship stuff got put on hold, but I think I'm going to
look at it again and rework it with a different mindset, and try and
abstract it a bit (close to the Heroes article, but not THAT abstract).

That project will be somewhat back-burnered for now unless I get strong
hints that the players plan to take to the seas as pirates.

||>This group could be interesting. One of the female players is a station 4
||>from Djanisborg.  Given their view on women not spoken for, I'm probably
||>going to make the GM fiat that she is a recent widower.  The other female
||>player is station 1 I think.  The two male players (A Kameri and a Dwarf
||>from the mountains around Kameri) are immigrants to Djanisborg (and thus
||>am starting them off with 60 in Djani, so everyone can talk :)  While the
||>Kameri is a "newcomer", he is tough enough to speak for her.  Oh, and the
||>high-station female has a Fay Horse as a "pet" (Special Event), and is a
||>trained assassin.  The dwarf and Kameri are heavy warriors.
||I didn't think Fay horse was in the special events...wow...

Well, I think in this case it would more qualify as a "Friend", but I rolled
some animal encounters for the region and that was the first one that came
up that was valid.

I'll probably gimp this Fay a bit, probably removing it's lower world travel
ability (it is sort of a "feral" fay, having become infatuated with the
character and is outcast from the lower world).

I'm sure she will enjoy having a Warhorse II equivalent that is quite smart
and cranks about with an MR of 40 (probably not at that speed with her on it
unless it's a pure straight run).  However, it will not go into human towns
or cities, so she will have to dismount and let it skitter off into the
wilds until she leaves.  This will prevent rapid retreats from cities...she
has to exit the city proper and the horse has to travel to reach her...I
figured on rolling 1d6x10 minutes after leaving the city to when she meets
back up with the horse.

And of course, riding this thing makes het beacon numero-uno to Kotothi.
The group better enjoy getting jumped, :}
     -- Burton

Burton Choinski
Principle Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-322-2135
fax  : 978-452-5764

MatrixOne, Inc.
Two Executive Drive
Chelmsford, Ma 01824
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce