website update

Matijs van Zuijlen Matijs.van.Zuijlen at XS4ALL.NL
Fri Jun 28 18:57:26 CEST 2002

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 09:14:42PM -0400, Scott Adams wrote:
> At 08:07 AM 6/25/02 +0200, you wrote:
> >I'm not sure what psd is, but the others are ok. Don't go with jpeg: It
> >loses information (on purpose). png would be good, it has nice
> >compression. Otherwise, you could go with tiff and commpress that with
> >zip or gzip.
>
> PSD is photoshop file format.  I guess that's Microsloft so no wonder you
> didn't hear it if your not using that OS :)

It's Adobe, not Microshaft. It turns out the Gimp can read it,
actually.

> Ok.  I did some test scans.
> Full page with Tiff is 1.7 megs uncompressed compressed 268k
> With png its 258 k and doesn't compress but saving 4k so obviously
> png is smaller and since you can accept that I can do it that way.

That will do fine.

--
Matijs van Zuijlen

    ... designed to fill holes or cracks of not more than two cubic vims.
                            -- Robert Sheckley, Untouched by Human Hands