website update

Matijs van Zuijlen Matijs.van.Zuijlen at XS4ALL.NL
Mon Jun 24 19:22:58 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 11:36:53PM -0400, Scott Adams wrote:
> At 01:18 AM 6/8/02 +0200, you wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 06:35:00PM -0400, Scott Adams wrote:
>
> On the encoutner program i could release the important parts of the
> code (ie the strings of endless tables.  At that time i didn't make
> anything fancy like data files for the strings like I would now.  You
> could use text editors to convert the pascal like write commands to
> your own and cut/paste the tables.  Would that work?  If so email me
> privately.

I think it'll work. I'll mail you presently.

> > > The book 3 stuff is only like 4-5 pages so wouldn't take anyone
> > > too much time to type it up...
> > > I figured everyone knew that stuff so didn't need it ...
> > > maybe one of these days if i get the time..
> > >
> > > ok..I'll think about it :)
> >
> >Me too :), as long as we don't decide to start typing at the same time.
>
> I'm a bit ahead on this.  I photocopied the first 17 pages (basically
> not in the book 3 stuff i gave out the tables, upper world and all
> that stuff we pretty much all know about.  Its 17 pages I could scan
> them into images and then send those to you if you want to type from
> the images or try to OCR them?  i could type them by hand myself in a
> day or two in a couple months when things die down.  Whatcha say?

If you're not limited bandwidth-wise, it would be great if you sent me
the scans. Then, I'll see if gocr works. I'm not sure when I'll get
around to it exactly.

> The only problem with the copies are the red/gray areas which of
> course didn't copy.  I'd have to type those up myself later for ya
> unless someone wanted to do it.

I can probably fill in the blanks there.

--
Matijs van Zuijlen

    ... designed to fill holes or cracks of not more than two cubic vims.
                            -- Robert Sheckley, Untouched by Human Hands